Hey Everyone, I'm Your Head Chair, Arjun Banerjee

As it says in the title, hello delegates, my name is Arjun Banerjee, and I will be your head chair for BMUN 66, I am a third year statistics and history double major at UC Berkeley, and this will be my 7th BMUNC (I went to 4 as a delegate).

I chose the topic of Afghan Resistance to Soviet Invasion, because I tihnk it's important for people to have a historical memory when it comes to dealing with all policy decisions, but especially foreign policy, where our realm of knowledge is often extremely limited. When it comes to Afghanistan, many Americans, especially people our age (I was 4 when we invaded and about half of the delegates at this conference hadn't even been born yet), don't know much about a country we hvae been at war with for 16+ years. Hopefully we will fix that for y'all.

On a personal note, I am a huge 49ers fan, and other than watching football my only other interest is performing stand up (please don't google me).

Comments

Popular Posts